Almond Choc Cheesecake
Serves 2 – 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1½ cups Almond, scaled and ground
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Icing sugar
- ½ cup Salted butter, melted
- 1½ cups UFC Velvet Almond Milk Original
- 500g Cream cheese
- 200g Dark chocolate, chopped
- 5 sheets Gelatin, soaked in cold water to soften
- ½ cup UFC Velvet Almond Milk Original
- ⅔ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- Caramel shards, pre-made
- To prepare the base, mix ground almond, flour and icing sugar in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix together evenly. Transfer the mixture into a round springform tin and press the mixture onto the bottom of the tin. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes until it turns golden in colour. Allow it to cool completely.
- Pour UFC Velvet Almond Milk Original into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add cream cheese and stir until combine. Add dark chocolate, leave to melt and stir until smooth and glossy. Squeeze excess water from gelatin and add to the chocolate mixture. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the base, chill until set.
- To prepare topping, boil UFC Velvet Almond Milk Original in a small pot under medium heat. Add brown sugar, boil until caramelised. Add butter, stir and set aside.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Pour caramel over the cake and decorate with caramel shards.