Classic Yellow Curry
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- ¼ cup Knife Groundnut Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds, toasted
- ½ tsp White peppercorn, toasted
- 5 nos. Long dried chilli, soaked in hot water
- 25 gm Shallot
- 10 gm Garlic
- 5 gm Ginger
- 15 gm Lemongrass
- 2 gm Fresh Turmeric
- 10 gm Galangal
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp Shrimp powder
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 5 gm Coriander root
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 10 gm Naturel Margarine
- 120 ml UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 250 gm Chicken thigh, sliced
- 100 gm Potato, diced
- 6 nos. Cherry tomatoes
- 80 ml Water
- 1 tsp Palm sugar
- In a frying pan, toast cumin, coriander and peppercorn seeds for 2 – 3 mins over medium heat until it changes to light golden in colour or the aroma comes out. Set aside to cool and then with pestle and mortar or blender, grind until spices are of a fine course texture.
- Add all the remaining paste ingredients and the ground spices into a blender and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Put aside 25 gm of the curry paste. Note: Any balance paste can be kept for up to 4 days in an air tight container in the chiller for later use.
- Melt Naturel Margarine over medium heat, add 25 gm of curry paste and fry until oil separates. Add UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened, stir to combine well.
- Add chicken and potatoes, stir and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Add cherry tomatoes and water, stir to mix and simmer for 5 – 7 mins until the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Add Knife Thai Fish Sauce and palm sugar to season, mix to combine well.
- Serve warm with steamed rice or bread.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.