Black Pepper Crab
Serves 2 – 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 2 nos Mud Crab, about 500gm each
- 60 gm Naturel Reduced Fat Spread
- 1 stalk Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 2 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 30 gm Shallot, chopped
- 20 gm Garlic, chopped
- 20 gm Black pepper, toasted and cracked
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tbsp Kicap manis
- 1½ tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1½ tbsp Black soya sauce
- 1 tsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 250 ml Water
- Wash and clean the mud crab by removing the top shell, gills and any unwanted parts. Cut into portion pieces and crack the claws.
- Heat up the wok with Knife Premium Cooking Oil and fry the shallots first till light brown and then add garlic and black pepper and fry till brown fragrant before adding coriander powder.
- Add the sauce mix and Natural Reduced Fat Spread, boil till it melts.
- Add mud crab and cook till the shell turns bright red. Pour 1 tbsp of corn starch and stir till the sauce thickens. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve warm.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.