Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 1 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Naturel Organic Brown Rice, washed
- ¼ tsp Fennel seed
- 1 no Bay leaf
- ¼ size Cinnamon sticks
- 50 gm Red onion, sliced
- 2 nos Green chillies
- ½ tsp Tomato paste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Water
- 3 nos. Tomatoes, chopped
- 10 gm Garlic
- 15 gm Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Blend tomatoes, garlic, ginger and coriander leaves in a blender till smooth. Strain the blended sauce, discard the seeds and skins. Set sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a saucepan. Add fennel seeds, bay leaf and cinnamon sticks. Stir fry till the spices turn light golden in colour. Add onions and fry briefly. Add green chillies and tomato paste, stir to mix. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder (optional) and salt. Cook the spices for a minute and add the blended sauce. Cook for another 4 – 5 mins. Set tomato mixture aside.
- Put Naturel Organic Brown Rice in the rice cooker. Add 2 cups of water and the cooked tomato mixture. Stir to mix well. Cook the rice in the rice cooker.
- Once the rice is cooked, gently fluff the rice with a ladle and serve warm.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.