Creamy Salted Egg Yolk Prawn
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 40 mins
- Knife Premium Cooking Oil for frying
- 5 boiled salted egg
- 500g tiger prawns
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sweet potato starch
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 chilli padi, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaves
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- A dash of black pepper
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.
- Slice the salted egg into half. Remove only the salted egg yolk and place them in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it finely. Set aside.
- Deshell and devein the prawn, keeping the head and tail intact. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs, separate the raw egg yolk and egg white.
Step 2: Deep fry the prawn
- In a pan, pour in Knife Cooking Oil till it is ⅓ filled. The oil is ready when the wooden chopsticks start to sizzle.
- Dip the prawn into the egg white and coat it with sweet potato starch.
- Deep fry all the prawns for about 1 min until they are fully cooked through. Remove and set aside.
Step 3: Cook the dish and serve
- On medium heat, add in 2 tbsp of Knife Cooking Oil and butter. #Tip: Adding the butter with cooking oil will prevent the butter from getting burnt.
- Add in garlic, chilli and curry leaves. Stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in salted egg yolk and fry it evenly.
- Add in milk, stir to mix well.
- Season with salt, sugar and black pepper. Stir to mix well and turn off the fire.
- Add in the prawns and give it a good toss to coat them.