Hokkien Glutinous Rice
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 4 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 40gm Dried shrimps, roughly chopped
- 10 nos Dried mushrooms, soaked
- 2 nos Chinese sausages, sliced
- 250gm Glutinous rice, washed and soaked
- 200ml Mushroom stock
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fried shallots
- 50gm Fried peanuts
- ½ tsp White pepper powder
- Fried shallots
- Fried peanuts
- Spring onions, chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a pan. Fry garlic, dried shrimp, mushroom and Chinese sausages. Sauté till fragrant and keep aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil and fry the glutinous rice. Add mushroom stock slowly until the rice is almost cooked. Add Knife Thai Fish Sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add in the sautéed ingredients and mix well with rice. Add fried shallots, fried peanuts and white pepper powder and mix well. Let the rice rest for 10 mins.
- Garnish generously with fried shallots, fried peanuts and spring onions.
Recipe is developed by Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.