Pineapple Fried Rice
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1 tsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp Naturel Margarine
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 no. Shallot, sliced
- 6 nos. Prawn
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 40 gm Frozen peas
- 250 gm Basmati rice, cooked
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 nos. Egg
- 80 gm Pineapple, diced
- 30 gm Cashew nuts, roasted
- 20 gm Raisins
- Garnish Spring onion, sliced
- Heat 1 tsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil over a frying pan. Once the pan is hot enough, add 2 tsp of Naturel Margarine with garlic and shallots to fry till they turn soft.
- Add the prawn and curry powder into the pan; stir well until the prawn is cooked. Pour in the frozen peas and cooked basmati rice. Toss the mixture or stir to make sure the spices coat each basmati grains gently without breaking the rice.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric and give a quick stir to coat evenly on every rice grain. Bring the rice mixture to one side of the frying pan. Pour in egg and gently pull the eggs across with a spatula till it is scrambled. Combine it with the rice mixture and season to taste with Knife Thai Fish Sauce.
- Add pineapple, Cashew nuts and raisins. Stir to mix well. Ladle pineapple rice to serving bowl and garnish with spring onions. Serve warm.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.