Prawn Paste Chicken
Serves: 2 – 3 | Preparation Time: 8 hours (including marinating time)
- 1 ltr Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 600 gm Chicken mid-joint, about 10 pcs
- 1 tbsp Knife Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Shrimp paste
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 80 gm Self-raising flour
- 80 gm Potato or corn flour
- Put chicken in a mixing bowl and add in all the marinade ingredients. Mix till a smooth batter is formed and chicken is coated evenly. Cover or put in a plastic container and leave in the chiller to marinade for 8 hours.
- Heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil to 170°C and drop a few wings into the oil. Use a pair of tongs or wooden chopsticks to separate the wings so that they don’t stick together. Cook for 5 – 7 mins, until it turns golden brown. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve with garlic chilli sauce.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.