Thai-Style Stuffed Chicken Wings
Serves: 2 - 4 | Preparation Time: 1 hr
- 8 nos. Chicken wing pockets, deboned
- 2 cups Knife Groundnut Oil
- 100 gm Potato starch
- 1 tsp Knife Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp MegaChef Premium Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ginger juice
- 2 tsp Shrimp paste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 100 gm Chicken, minced
- 50 gm Prawn, chopped
- 25 gm Water chestnut, diced
- 30 gm Red curry paste
- 2 nos. Kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- Add deboned chicken wings and all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Cover the bowl of chicken wings and set in the chiller for at least 30 mins.
- Add all the stuffing ingredients in another bowl. Stir well to combine. Cover the bowl of stuffing and set in the chiller for at least 30 mins.
- After removing the chicken wings and the stuffing from the chiller, insert the stuffing into each chicken wing pocket and seal the pocket with a toothpick to secure.
- Once completed, pour the potato starch onto the chicken wings and coat chicken wings evenly.
- In a frying pan, heat Knife Groundnut Oil to 170°C and deep-fry chicken wings until fully cooked.
- Place the fried wings on a paper towel to remove the excess oil. Gently twist the toothpick to remove from the wings. Serve it warm with your favourite condiments.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.