XO Sliced Fish Bee Hoon
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 500 gm Garoupa fillets, cut into thick slices
- 500 ml Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Potato flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp XO brandy
- 2 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 200 ml Homesoy Soya Milk Unsweetened
- 30 gm Ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 500 ml Fish stock
- ½ tsp White pepper powder
- 200 gm Thick vermicelli noodles
- 80 gm Chye sim, slice 4 cm thick
- 1 no. Tomato, wedged
- 2 stalks Spring onions, cut into 3 cm long
- 4 tbsp XO brandy
- Place half of the fish slices in a mixing bowl and add salt, potato flour and corn flour. Coat the fish evenly. Deep fry the fish in Knife Premium Cooking Oil until crispy and golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Season the other half of the fish slices with XO brandy and set aside.
- Heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil in wok, fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant. Pour in fish stock, Knife Thai Fish Sauce and white pepper, bring stock to a boil.
- Add in Homesoy Soya Milk Unsweetened, noodles, chye sim and tomatoes, followed by the brandy marinated fish slices. Cover wok and bring to a boil.
- Add XO brandy to the soup, stir to mix well and turn off the heat.
- Add fried fish slices. Garnish with spring onions.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.