Beef Larb Salad
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 2 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Naturel Organic Mixed Rice
- 250 gm Minced beef
- Water, as needed
- 1½ tbsp Lime juice
- 1½ tsp Chilli powder
- 2 nos. Shallot, sliced
- 10 gm Spring onion, sliced
- 1 no. Kaffir lime leaf, chiffonade
- 10 gm Mint leaf, sliced
- 10 gm Coriander leaf, sliced
Garnish and sides:
- 1 – 2 nos. Romaine lettuce leaves
- 25 gm Long beans, cut 2 inch long
- 25 gm Cucumber, sliced
- Mint leaves, garnish
- 5 – 7 nos. Vietnam coriander, optional
- Toast Naturel Organic Mixed Rice in a dry pan over medium heat till golden in colour. Transfer the toasted rice into a pestle and mortar. Once the rice is cooled down, grind till powdery. Set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add minced beef and ¼ cup water. Simmer and fry for about 5 mins until the beef is cooked. Add Knife Thai Fish Sauce, lime juice, half of the ground rice and chilli powder. Mix well for about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Putting aside ½ tbsp of ground rice for garnishing, add in the remaining ingredients onto the beef mixture. Gently mix to combine well without damaging the herbs.
- Place lettuce on a serving plate, transfer the beef salad onto the lettuce. Place the long beans and cucumber at the side, garnish with mint leaves and the remaining ground rice on top.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.