Pandan Leaf Chicken
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 cup Knife Groundnut Oil
- 1 tsp Knife Pure Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Knife Thai Fish sauce
- 150 gm Chicken thigh (boneless), dice
- 5 gm Coriander root, minced
- 5 gm Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp White pepper
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 6-7 Pandan leaf, to wrap the chicken
- Mix all the ingredients except pandan leaves and Knife Groundnut Oil in a bowl. Make sure that all the ingredients are coated onto the chicken. Set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hr.
- Wrap the chicken pieces with pandan leaf. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok with Knife Groundnut Oil to 160 – 170°C. Deep fry the wrapped chicken for 5 – 7 mins or until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a paper towel to absorb any access oil. Optional to serve with Knife Thai Dipping Sauce.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.