Brown Rice Paella
Serves 5 | Preparation Time: 45 mins
- 400g Naturel Organic Brown Rice
- 2 ½ cup Naturel Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 pcs Shallots, minced
- 2 pcs Bay leaf
- 150g Chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Ground paprika
- ½ tsp Dried thyme
- 3 pcs Tomatoes, diced
- 800ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- 150g French beans, trim both ends and cut half
- 5 pcs Fresh button mushrooms, cut into 4 quarters
- 25g Shimeji mushrooms
- ¼ cup Boiled chickpeas
- 1 pc Lemon, cut wedges
- 1 handful Fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp Naturel Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Squid, cut into rings
- 10 pcs Prawns
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 pinches Black pepper
- Marinate the squids and prawns with Naturel Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, black pepper and paprika for about 5 mins and set aside.
- Heat the Naturel Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium-high.
- Add the garlic, bay leaf and shallot to the pan and sauté until the onions turn translucent and softened.
- Add in the marinated squids and prawns and fry till almost cooked. Remove the bay leaves from the cooked seafood and set it aside.
- Add the sliced chicken breast and continue cook for 2-3 mins, now add the vegetable stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add in chili flakes, paprika powder and dried thyme; continue to sauté for another 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-5 mins until they start to soften.
- Now add the Naturel Organic Brown Rice, stir and ensure the rice is well coated.
- Now add the stock and salt; stir to mix well. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally until the rice grains have swelled (this takes about 15-20 mins).
- Add the prepared vegetables and cooked seafood into the rice mixture and stir to combine well.
- Close the pan and continue to cook on simmer for about another 5-7 mins.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped parsley and side with lemon wedges.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.