Minestrone Mee Hoon Kueh
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 8 cups Chicken stock
- 340g Naturel Organic Tomato with Basil Pasta Sauce
- 5g Ginger, sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 10g Red onion, diced
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 500g Naturel Organic Penne Pasta
- 750ml Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 50g Chinese cabbage (bok choy)
- 1 whole Chicken breast
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1.5L Water
- 50g Ikan bilis
- 1½ cup Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Place Naturel Organic Tomato with Basil Pasta Sauce together with the other ingredients for the broth in a pot of boiling water. Stir occasionally.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and simmer for 20 mins. Set the broth aside.
- Boil water in another pot. Add the chinese cabbage into the boiling water and cook for 1 min. To retain its natural crunch, strain and transfer the chinese cabbage into ice water.
- Add 1.5 litre of water and ½ tsp of salt into a large pot. Then, simmer the chicken breast in the salt water for about 10 mins.
- Remove the cooked chicken breast from the water and set aside to cool. Shred the chicken breast into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add about 750ml of water and 2 tsp of salt in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add Naturel Organic Penne and cook until al-dente.
- Heat up the Naturel Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a small pan and fry the Ikan bilis till golden and set aside.
- Portion the penne in a serving bowl and add enough broth to just cover the penne in the bowl. Then, add the shredded chicken breast and sprinkle the Ikan bilis on the penne.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.