Serves 1-2 | Preparation Time: 35 mins
For baked vegetables:
- 1 tsp Naturel Rosemary Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ pc Carrot, diced
- 60g Green peas
- 200g Fresh white button mushroom, diced
- 60ml Naturel Rosemary Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40g Naturel Olive Spread
- 250g Plain flour
- 12g Baking powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 2 Eggs
- 120ml Cooking cream
- 120ml Low-fat milk
- ½ tbsp Lemon zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Add carrot, peas and mushroom onto a baking tray. Brush the vegetables with 1 tsp of Naturel Rosemary Flavoured Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake for 5 minutes. Once done, transfer the baked vegetables into a bowl. Set aside and to let it cool down.
- To create the first mixture, add flour, baking powder and salt into a sieve. Sieve the dry mixture and set aside.
- To create the second mixture, Combine the eggs, cooking cream, low-fat milk, Naturel Rosemary Flavoured Olive Oil, Naturel Olive Spread and lemon zest into a medium size mixing bowl. Stir the mixture gently with a whisk, to combine them well.
- Add the first mixture over the second mixture (that is in the medium-size mixing bowl). Fold gently to create batter-like texture.
- Add the baked vegetables and fold again to combine all the ingredients together.
- Scoop the mixture into muffin cases. Each muffin case should be 2/3 filled. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy your Rosemary Flavoured Olive Oil Vegetable Muffin with a cup of tea for the perfect tea break!
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.