Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 120 ml UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 120 gm Glutinous rice
- 50 gm Palm sugar
- 1 knot Pandan leaf
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 no Thai Sweet mango, (thick slice)
- Garnish Sesame seeds, toasted
- Wash the glutinous rice, making sure the starch gets removed and left only with clear water. Soak it in water overnight. Spread rice evenly on cheese cloth and steam it in a double boiler pot for 30 mins or till it is soft and fluffy.
- Heat up 120ml of UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened in a pot with a knot of pandan leaf, salt and palm sugar. Boil it over medium low heat, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside the coconut milk mixture.
- Transfer steamed rice into a large mixing bowl and mix the coconut milk mixture. Mix gently to make sure all the rice grains are completely coated with coconut mixture. Cover the bowl and poke some holes to evaporate the steam moisture out of the rice. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chilled rice onto a serving plate topped with coconut cream and toasted sesame seeds. Serve it along with prepared sliced mangoes.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.