Miso Salmon Burger with Pineapple Salsa
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 40 mins
(A) Salmon Patty
- 1 tbsp Knife Classic Light Soy Sauce
- 480g fresh salmon
- Juice of 1 Thai lime
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 50g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
(B) Pineapple Salsa
- 1 tsp Knife Pure Sesame Oil
- 120g pineapple, diced in cubes
- 1 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- 1 stalk of coriander, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 4 burger buns
1) Prepare the salmon patty.
- Dice the salmon into small cubes.
- Place ⅓ in a mixing bowl.
- Mince the remaining salmon using a knife until it achieves a paste-like texture. Transfer to the same mixing bowl.
- Add in the other ingredients in (A), mix evenly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions, shape into patty. Place it onto a plate, cling wrap and let it chill for at least 20 mins.
2) Prepare the pineapple salsa.
- Prepare the ingredients in (B), give it a good mix. Set aside.
3) Prepare the burger sauce.
- Mix well ingredients in (C). Add in more Sriracha sauce if you prefer it to be spicier. Set aside.
4) Cook the salmon patty and assemble the burger.
- Remove the patty from the chiller and let it sit at room temperature for 5 mins.
- In a medium heated pan, add cooking oil.
- Place the 4 patties in the pan, cook on medium heat, and cover with lid.
- 3 mins later, check the patties. Once they are half-cooked, flip over and cook the other side until they are cooked through and golden brown.
- Assemble the burgers and serve.