Serves 2 – 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 100 gm Firm tofu, cubed or cut lengthwise
- 10 gm Garlic, minced
- 15 gm Shallot, minced
- 5 gm Preserved turnip, chopped
- 100 gm Squid, blanched
- 6 Prawn, blanched
- 250 gm Pad Thai rice noodle, soaked
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Tamarind juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 30 gm Chinese chives, cut 1 inch long
- 20 gm Beansprouts
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Peanuts, crushed
- 1 wedge Lime
- To prepare noodle, fill water in a large pot, add noodles and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until noodles begin to soften but still firm and slightly crunchy.
- Heat 1 tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a wok and fry tofu until golden brown in colour. Set aside.
- Heat another tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil. Add garlic and shallots to fry until translucent. Add turnip and fry for another minute.
- Then, add seafood, noodles with some water, tamarind juice, sugar and Knife Thai Fish Sauce. Gently stir for about 2-3 minutes.
- Move the noodles to one side of the wok to make space for eggs. Allow the egg to cook for 30 seconds and then gently bring the noodle mixture on top of the egg and mix well.
- Add chives, beansprouts and fried tofu to the noodles and mix well.
- Sprinkle chili flakes and peanuts, serve with lime.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.