Prawn in Assam Sauce
Serves: 3 | Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 250 ml Knife Groundnut Oil
- 2 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 400 gm Prawn
- 1 cup Potato starch
- 2 tbsp Onion, minced
- 3 tbsp Green capsicum, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp Pineapple, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli (big), chopped
- 1 no. Kaffir lime leaf, sliced
- 2 tbsp Chilli sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 slice Asam gelugur (or 10gm tamarind pulp)
- Heat Knife Groundnut Oil in a wok. Coat prawns in potato starch, tap to remove excess flour. Fry coated prawns in the pre-heated oil (170°C) for 3-4 mins. Remove, drain and set aside.
- In a clean wok, heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil over medium heat and sauté the onions, capsicums, carrots, pineapples and chillies for about a minute. Add kaffir lime leaf, chilli sauce, water and asam gelugur. Cook for 2-3 mins or until it forms a thick sauce.
- 3. Arrange the deep-fried prawns in a serving plate and spread the sauce over the prawns. Serve warm.
Recipe is courtesy by Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.