Red Rubies In Coconut Milk
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup of UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 10 nos of water chestnuts, peeled and diced
- 4 tbsp of palm sugar
- 5 drops of red food coloring
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 1 cup of shaved ice
- 1 cup of sweet jack fruit
- Mix water chestnut with 1 tbsp of palm sugar and 5 drops of red food colouring with 2 tablespoons water. Coat the water chestnut in the mixture until they are all evenly red and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add coloured water chestnuts to the tapioca flour and mix until they are well coated. Take them out of the flour and then, using a spray bottle, mist them with water and coat them with flour again. Strain them with a mesh sieve or colander to get rid of the excess flour.
- Place the coated water chestnuts in a pot of boiling water and cook for approximately one minute. Once they float to the surface, remove and immediately put them into a pot of ice-cold water.
- Swiftly heat 3 tbsp of palm sugar and 1 cup of UFC Velvet Coconut Milk Unsweetened, just until the sugar dissolves. Allow to cool. Add shaved ice, water chestnuts and jack fruit to serve
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.