Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1 cup Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 2 nos Eggs
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 1 packet Soft beancurd
- 100 gm Beansprout, blanched
- 100 gm Carrot, peeled & shredded
- 100 gm Cucumber, peeled & shredded
- 50 gm Roasted peanut, rough chopped
- 4 tbsp Ketchup manis
- 4 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sambal belachan (optional)
- 150 ml Water
- Whisk to combine the eggs and cornflour. Add the mixture to the soft beancurd. In a large wok, pour Knife Premium Cooking Oil and deep fry the egg-coated beancurd till golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce mix and let it simmer for 5 mins until a thick gravy is formed. Set aside.
- Arrange the crispy beancurd on a plate with carrots, cucumbers and beansprouts. Drizzle sauce over beancurd and add roasted peanuts to serve.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.