Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 250 gm Chicken thigh (2 nos.), boneless with skin-on
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- 3 tbsp Medium sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- ½ tbsp Ginger juice
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Mix the marinade ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and submerge chicken into the marinade sauce mixture. Cover the bowl and chill for 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic for a minute until it turns golden in colour. Remove chicken from marinade sauce mixture and place the chicken skin-side down and cook for about 2 mins until the skin turns brown.
- Turn the chicken to the other side and add marinade sauce mixture. Allow it to simmer and cook until the liquid form a thick sauce.
- Remove the chicken from pan, cut into thick uniform slices.
- Transfer the chicken over to a serving plate and pour remaining sauces on the chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.