Braised Fish with Salted Bean Sauce
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- ½ cup Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 Pomfret
- 2 tbsp Spring onions
- 2 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp Knife Salted Soy Bean
- 1 tsp Knife Thai Fish Sauce
- 30 gm Young ginger, shredded
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp Wolfberries, soaked in water
- 1 tsp Corn starch, mixed with 1 tsp water
- Make a few slits on both sides of the fish. Heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a pan and fry the fish till both sides are lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat another 2 tbsp of Knife Premium Cooking Oil, add in ginger and fry till brown and fragrant. Add in all the rest of the seasoning ingredients and finally the fried fish.
- Braised the fish on medium heat, flipping it occasionally to coat both sides with sauce evenly. When the sauce is reduced and thickened, turn off the heat.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.