Vegetable Spring Roll
Serves: 12 pcs | Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1 ltr Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 12 sheets Spring roll skin
- 1 tbsp Corn starch, dissolve with 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Knife Premium Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Knife Salted Soy Bean, smashed
- 1 tbsp Knife Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely minced
- 200 gm Black fungus, soaked and shredded
- 100 gm Carrots (large), shredded
- 150 gm Turnip, shredded
- 300 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- To prepare the filling, heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil and fry garlic until slightly brown. Add black fungus, carrots and turnips, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add Knife Salted Soy Bean and vegetable stock. Allow it to simmer, add black pepper and Knife Light Soy Sauce. Cook for 10 – 12 mins until the filling is cooked and almost dry. Set filling aside to cool.
- Place a spring roll skin flat on a dry surface. Scoop 2 tbsp of filling and place slightly off center onto the skin. Fold the corner of the skin nearest to the filling over the filling, wrap it tight and flip the left and right sides over the filling. Apply corn starch to hold the folds together. Finish rolling the spring roll and seal the end of the skin with corn starch.
- Heat Knife Premium Cooking Oil in a wok till 170°C and deep fry the spring rolls till golden brown on all sides. Remove and drain excess oil. Served with sweet sauce or chilli sauce.
Recipe is courtesy of Allspice Institute.
Any unauthorised copying, distribution and production is strictly prohibited.